Thursday, June 5, 2008

Korean Invasion: Far from OVER...

For some reasons, Korea and the Philippines 'clicked' just like that. First, it is more than evident that the Korean population here in the Pinas is rising. Probably one of the main reasons is that we (Filipinos) are known to be proficient in English and wanted to learn from us. In fact, according to our school paper "The Varsitarian" of UST that the growth of the population of Korean students in UST is very noticeable. Not because UST is that internationally popular but it's just because of the trend.


The facination over Koreanovelas here in the Philippines, in my opinion is far from over. More and more of its kind keep on coming on our local TV screens. And now, ever since the hit adaptation of the Mexican telenovela Marimar, a new trend will be born pretty soon. Once again, the rivalry of the two waring TV networks will come into another heat wave when the local adaptation of My Sassy Girl (I think) of ABS-CBN and Kim Sam Soon of GMA 7 hits the primetime. I just wish that each would give justice to their Korean counterparts... I wonder if they'll do any good. Now I'm excited! Oh, by the way, I just want to say that two versions is enough for this kind of soaps, three is a bit too much. Read between the lines then you'll understand what I mean. Trust me, it could be a bit too "ugly"...

No comments: