Sunday, June 14, 2009

What Manila Supposed to Look Like

While browsing at Carlos Celdran's Facebook account, I came across with this video one of his contacts posted. All of a sudden, a certain flashback came into mind, when Carlos himself toured us around San Agustin Church wherein he narrated the history of then Queen of the Pacific, no other than Manila.


This is a fascinating clip to watch as it showcases Manila back in late 1930's, or, if my memory serves me right, the Golden Age of Manila just like Carlos said. As we went along with the tour, I can't help but to feel a sense of pride but a great deal of grief and long sighs. Questions of "what if" and "what could have been" were mind boggling plus the big question "what went wrong?". Well, I'll just leave those questions to you and enjoy the video...

No comments: