Friday, July 27, 2007

what a QUEER means to me...

The first time that I learned bout this word was when I was in high school. There was this story bout a peculiar chicken that a whole barrio can't decide whether the chicken is a male or a female. Then the term queer was used for the poor creature. I've found a deeper meaning for this word when a friend of mine introduced to me the TV series Queer as Folk. Am sure all of you homos out there know bout this one. Since it's 99.9% impossible to be seen in the Philippine television,I made my way to see the whole 5 series of QAF. From the first time that I watched it, I was totally in love with it and just can't get enough of it. Perhaps it's because I can relate myself with the story. It's kindda sad now that the series is over...



When I started to get hooked with this show, I wasn't out yet to my parents. Perhaps, one of the factors that made me reveal it to them was this series. And I was like, what if my mom is just like Debbie, Michael's mom or Justin's mom Jennifer. Hehe!


Now these are things that I like in the show. I love Michael and Justin's character because I can see myself in them the most. I like Emmett because of his fun loving personality. I admire the dykes' (Linday and Melanie) relationship despite of the rocky road that they had. And I love the weird ways that Brian do to help out his friends despite of the hard and promiscuous exterior of his personality...

No comments: