Thursday, December 27, 2007

meeting the cousins...

Christmas is over (well... not really yet) and food still over flows. Last December 24, we had the usuall Noche Buena here in the Philippines in our grand ma's place. It was a very nice evening to spend with my cousins. Too bad I only got a pair of tito and tita there and both my brothers are in two different countries. Oh well, whatever (haha!)...


Then 25th came and we went to church early in the morning. Lots of people there trust me. But it was kindda weird to see this 11 or 12 year old girl wearing a red two piece santa outfit or something that I just can't help to think about what the heck did her parents thought in their heads that they let their kid wear something like that. HIDEOUS!!! I'm telling ya! Anyway I'm over that now. Then after eating lunch that day, me and my boo went to the mall to chill and watch a movie (Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo... You guys should watch it! It was absolutely hilarious!).

Then came yesterday. I was actually looking forward on this day because this was the Santos clan reunion day (My lola was a Santos before getting married with my lolo). In our Noche Buena we had my lola's place full (just enough for a family or two), but this one was a whole different story. We're not just a family or two but I guess more than a dozen! The organizer family thought of having a color coding for us to easily identify the clan's subdivisions. There were a lot of greens, blues whites, some yellow then us, the orange clan (entitled to Inang Sepa's family). We were totally out numbered by the other colors because we only got five members present there. Well, we don't have that much to start with. They're just hard workers when it comes to making babies and stuff (hehehe!). All together it was like a whole baranggay packed in a house. Each family had to be photographed one by one. It only made it more obvious that we're just five there. Then we have to be photographed altogether. It was almost impossible at first because we won't fit in the camera's frame. The photographer ended up on top of a tricycle to get a better vista. Thank God it was a success. Talking about relatives and cousins, I could only name a few of 'em that I know personally. Most of 'em I haven't even seen before. We had our names written our shirts but then we really haven't got the chance to have some proper "getting to know ya" stuff because of not having a sound system there. I'm not that of a social guy so I was just like looking for some familiar faces to at least have a conversation but not trying to be obvious of being despearate. Finally came Arjay (whom by the way I still don't know his real name if "arjay" is just a nickname) one of my cousins there. He's a year older than me (I'm 20, thank you), son of tita Babeth. The stuff that I could remember bout him was that he's my only couz that I made friends with when we were kids since were almost of the same age. We talked a bit in our reunion bout school, our previous reunions, etc. It was good even though it was a bit exhausting. Too bad that the weather wasn't good yesterday but at least meeting new faces was a treat itself...

No comments: